Thursday, January 02, 2014

2014 New Year's Resolution - $15,000

I am confident that 2011 and 2012 will always be the most painful and difficult years of my life.  I pray nothing worse comes my way in future years than what I faced during those two years.  But, I am also confident that  I will look back on 2013 as the year I began to rebuild my faith, my hope, my trust in God's plan for my life and the life of my precious family members.  Saying it is one thing, living it is another.  As each year passes and 2011 and 2012 become more distant memories, I will continue to discipline my heart and mind to daily put my faith into practice not for my own's sake but so that my faith will bear fruit in my relationships with everyone I encounter.

What is on my heart now is that it is January 2014.  That means it is time for Little Philip's upcoming MRI to see if his tumor has grown since July 2013.  The tumor was stable from January 2013 to July 2013.  So if there is no new growth this month, that would mean we have gone an entire year without growth.  That is my fervent prayer and I ask my family and friends to pray with me that the results will show no new growth.

As a means of stepping out in faith, the Moss family is committed to raising $15,000 for Children's Tumor Foundation in 2014.  Helen will turn six in March and Little Philip will turn nine in July.  9 + 6 = 15.  $15,000 for the fifteen years our children have been blessings to us this side of heaven.  We are working on plans to host an NF Walk in Birmingham and will announce details as soon.  We encourage all our friends and family to participate with us here in Birmingham.  If you can't make it, please contact us and we will help you participate in a nearby NF Walk or Run in your own neighborhood.

As always, we cannot thank you enough for your continued thoughts and prayers for our family.  We thank you for allowing us into your own lives to pray for you as well and we look forward to celebrating joy that comes in 2014!

-Renie


No comments: